Tuesday, February 3

Image Dump

I have a bunch of random pictures that I've accumulated so here we go:

Here are two more pictures that I managed to snag from other people of Hofbräuhaus. First we have one of the guys sitting behind me (I'm pretty sure this guy brought his own Stein). You can also see the band on the stand behind them.


This is me grinning like an idiot after finishing my liter of beer. It was pretty good.

Here we have the major Euro bills - they also have 200 and 500 Euro bills but you can't really find them or use them anywhere. As it is, I'm pretty uneasy about this 100 that the ATM gave me - it's worth around $130. Unlike in America, 50s are no big deal here since everyone carries cash because not many places take cards.

The designs on the bills are about as non-offensive as you could think of. In order to avoid hurting anyone's feelings, the designs (which are the same throughout the EU) are of doors and bridges (symbolism!) and don't even depict real buildings - just examples of different archetectural styles.

front

back

I'll post a picture of the coins once I manage to get a German example of each one.

Last night I decided that I would put some effort into making a German dinner (mostly as an excuse to stop doing homework for an hour). Here we have some Spätzle (egg noodles) and Bratwurst (bratwurst).


finished product, with sharfer Senf (spicy mustard) and Bier (beer)

This morning I walked to the University since the bus drivers were threatening a strike. As far as strikes went, it was kind of half-assed since most of the busses were still running, if a bit later or more infrequently. Since I had already woken up extra early and didn't want to find out how late they were running, I decided to just go ahead a walk to the University. The weather was nice and it only took 15 or so minutes.


on the way there


Here we have the beautiful University of Regensburg
This is the Philosophie - Theologie building where my classes are held. When the semester actually starts I will probably be mostly in here too (in addition to housing the Philosophy and Theology departments, PT is also home to the Politics department and a few other in the humanities field).

The entrance to PT

on the way home


Finally, here is my stack of flashcards for Thursday's vocab test. Keep in mind the fact that these are made out of paper and I only made cards for the words I didn't know.


2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, that's just nuts. I'm glad you're enjoying it over there, it's very interesting to read about! I've added your blog to my list of daily-things-to-check. Keep on writing!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be the guy who brings his own stien when going out for beer! And it is socially acceptable :)

    ReplyDelete